Health & Safety
Office Updates relating to COVID-19
Hello from Phoebe Rich Dermatology and Oregon Dermatology and Research Center!
We are excited to get back to doing what we enjoy the most, providing you with the best dermatologic care possible. We have now hit a comfortable flow here in the office, and we want to let you know we continue to take additional precautions to reduce Coronavirus transmission. We know these are difficult and frustrating times for all of us, and having a delay in your medical care only adds to the stress of the situation. Please know we are doing our best to balance your overall health and safety with your particular dermatologic needs. We thank you for your understanding and flexibility during these challenging times.
Below is a list of our office protocols aimed at keeping you and our staff as safe as possible:
- All staff will be wearing a mask or sitting behind a plexiglass barrier throughout the workday.
- All staff are fully vaccinated.
- All staff will review a list of COVID-19 symptoms each day. Abnormal results will result in that staff member being asked to return home.
- We will ask you to delay/reschedule your appointment if you have any symptoms suspicious of COVID-19 (including fever, cough, breathing difficulties), if you have recently traveled, if you’ve had contact with someone known or suspected to have COVID-19, or if you’ve had contact with someone who was told to self-quarantine due to potential COVID-19 exposure. We will screen your temperature with a non-contact device prior to being escorted to an examination room.
- You must wear a face mask or covering over your nose and mouth before entering our building.
- In some situations, we may offer you the option of scheduling a telemedicine visit, which allows us to evaluate your condition remotely through live videoconferencing. This is not appropriate for all dermatologic issues but can be useful for many conditions.
We hope this information is helpful and provides you the reassurance that we are doing our best to keep you safe while also addressing your dermatologic needs. We will continue to make changes to our protocol as this situation evolves. Thank you to our staff for their dedication during this pandemic, because of their commitment and flexibility we are once again doing what we love! To our patients, thank you for putting your trust in our hands and for being such wonderful patients, we truly appreciate all your support and understanding!
If you are a clinic patient here and are taking a biologic medication (e.g. Humira, Enbrel, Remicade, Stelara, Tremfya, Skyrizi, Ilumya, Cosentyx, Taltz, Siliq, Dupixent) please click here for instructions regarding additional coronavirus precautions. If you are a research patient currently in one of our biologic trials, please call the research department staff with any questions at (503) 226-3376 to ask for guidance with your study medication and vaccinations.
If you have any other questions, please call us at (503) 226-3376.
For up to date information on Covid-19, please visit https://www.oregon.gov/oha/PH/DISEASESCONDITIONS/DISEASESAZ/Pages/COVID19-FAQ.aspx